Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 17

Ask, Believe, Receive

When the whole phenomenon of the Secret happened last year due to the Oprah show, I bought both the DVD and book. I know there are many naysayers out there but I believe in the Law of Attraction. I can think back many years of how my thought have brought certain things into my life. Some good, and some not so good but I know my thoughts and actions brought them into my life.

In the past few months I have slipped about in the way of thinking this idea is about. With me needing a well paying job soon, and other things in my life I decided to watch the DVD on a daily basis for the next month.

Law of Attraction
From Wikipedia, the free
encyclopedia

The phrase Law of Attraction has
been used by many esoteric writers, although the actual definition varies greatly. Most authors associate the Law of Attraction with a theory that "like attracts like", usually as applied to the mental life of human beings: that individuals experience physical and mental manifestations corresponding to their predominant thoughts, feelings, words, and actions; and that they thereby have the ability to control the reality of their lives through thought alone. The
principle is based on the concept that a person's thoughts (conscious and unconscious), emotions, beliefs and actions attract corresponding positive or negative experiences. This process has been described as "harmonious vibrations of the law of attraction", or "you get what you think about; your thoughts determine your experience." The phrase is closely associated with New Thought beliefs, and practices, from which it's most common definition arises, but it also has a long standing (and more complex development) in other esoteric fields
such as Hermeticism and Theosophy. Recently, the New Thought version was popularized (in slightly simplified form) by the 2006 film The Secret. The more materialistic interpretations of The Law of Attraction have been criticized in the media, the scientific community, and by some proponents of the New Age Movement and spirituality in general.



0 comments: